Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herbs and Horseradish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup prepared white horseradish, squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef tenderloin, trimmed (about 4 pounds)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together oil, horseradish, mustard, and garlic. Place beef in bowl, and coat with paste. Cover, and refrigerate 6 hours (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer beef to prepared sheet, and season all over with 2 tablespoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, rosemary, and thyme.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of beef registers 125 degrees, 40 to 42 minutes for medium-rare. Tent beef with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours); slice just before serving.