Lambert’s preparedness during the Covid-19 event
Our doors will stay open and our shelves will stay stocked as we serve you our customer in the safest and most efficient way during the Covid-19 event.
As we all have been watching, the coronavirus (COVID-19) has made its way to the United States. The health and safety of all Lambert’s customers are of the utmost importance and we wanted to provide you with information about the proactive planning efforts and actions that we are undertaking. We know issues like this can be stressful and we are saddened for the people and families who have been affected.
We are monitoring closely the Mass.gov website and are following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. In addition, we are monitoring the situation daily with updates from professional networks and organizations.
We know this can be confusing and can create a great deal of anxiety. We ask that you please focus on taking care of what you can control:
- We are asking that anyone who feels ill in any way, including having a fever of 100 degrees or higher within 24 hours, please stay home until you recover
- Your best defense is to wash your hands often, especially before eating and before/after the use of communal electronics, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol
- Wash hands or use hand-sanitizer after blowing your nose and to discard tissues into the trash immediately after use
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
Lambert’s takes cleanliness and hygiene seriously, with rigorous sanitation practices in place on a daily basis. In recent weeks, we’ve proactively implemented additional measures, including:
- Disinfecting ALL surfaces in the store every 30 minutes
- Disinfecting carriages and outside eating areas
- We are having customers disinfect and wear gloves at the self serve food areas.
- Adding additional hand-sanitation stations throughout the store
- Increased training and reinforcement for our rigorous sanitation standards with staff